The CHRP Path
Step 1: Association Membership
To obtain and maintain the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation, you must be a member in good standing with your provincial HR association.
Step 2: National Knowledge Exam
The National Knowledge Exam® (NKE) assesses your understanding of HR knowledge and skills.
Step 3: Degree Requirement
You must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Step 4: Experience Requirement
Submit a completed experience assessment which is validated by your current employer. This assessment must prove:
- A minimum of three years working in an HR role within the last ten years. (At least one year must be within Canada.)
- Experience gained using technical HR knowledge and a level of autonomy in the application of your HR knowledge. It is not necessary to be a manager or supervisor.
- Experience covers at least two of the seven Required Professional Capabilities.
Step 5: Congratulations, you’re a CHRP!
Maintain your membership with your provincial association and recertify your CHRP every three years.
CHRP Fees and Dues
|CHRP Application Fee||$60|
|NKE Registration Fee||$275|
|NKE Prep Course (optional)||$285-$350|
|Experience Assessment Review Fee||$100|
|Experience Assessment Certification Fee||$400|
|Annual CHRP Dues||$105|
|CHRP Recertification Fee||$55|
- All fees and dues are subject to applicable taxes according to the member’s primary address. In BC and YT, all fees and dues are subject to 5% GST.
- Annual CHRP Dues become payable on the date a member is granted the CHRP designation.
- All CHRP fees and dues are in addition to Annual Member Dues.